Annabelle the Doll (Part 1) has certainly captivated people’s attention the world over, especially after the release of the movie The Conjuring. She’s one of the most fascinating and intriguing cases of "inanimate object manipulation" I’ve ever researched. Although I knew virtually nothing about her prior to the film, during my research I’ve become quite interested.
So, where is Annabelle the Doll now?Today, she resides at the Warren’s house in the Warren Occult Museum in Monroe, Connecticut, which is run by Lorraine Warren and which has attracted thousands of visitors from across the globe. This world-renknowned museum is the oldest and only museum of its kind, which is home to the largest collection of obscure and haunted artefacts. The items have all been used in extremely dangerous occult activities and diabolical practices around the world. According to Ed Warren, "To touch one of these items would be the opposite of touching something holy, something blessed."
One of its most popular exhibits is the Raggedy Ann doll known as Annabelle, which is reputedly responsible for terrorizing people, physical harm, multiple attacks on anyone who mockingly comes into contact, and the death of at least on person. Visitors to the museum have also reported strange growling noises coming from Annabelle’s direction, and Lorraine Warren claims that she still moves around her containment occasionally.
Some Facts About Annabelle the Doll You Probably Don’t Know
- Annabelle is believed to have directly caused the death of at least one person. A young man and his girlfriend arrived at the Warren Occult Museum on his motorcycle. After Ed warned him that the doll can scratch people, he defiantly approached the case and proceeded to bang on the glass, insisting that he too wanted to be scratched as proof of the claims.
En route home from the Museum, he lost control of his motorcycle and hit a tree head on, which killed him instantly. The girlfriend survived, however, but was hospitalized for over a year. When asked what happened, the young woman explained that they were laughing about the doll and making fun of it when her then boyfriend suddenly lost control of the motorcycle.
- Although Annabelle has been exorcised several times, it’s widely believed that some kind of negative residual energy – perhaps even the original demonic entity itself – is still attached to her.
- Ryan Buell, founder of the Paranormal Research Society and team leader on A&E’s Paranormal State TV show, has visited the Occult Museum while hosting a tour with Lorraine Warren. He claims he saw Annabelle’s head moving up and down, as though the doll was nodding at him to acknowledge his presence, which justifiably startled him.
- Annabelle the Doll is highlighted in the Warrens’ book, The Demonologist, cited as one of the most unusual cases of a possessed object on record.
- In the movie The Conjuring, the Raggedy Ann doll wasn’t considered to be scary enough, so another one was created specifically for the movie to make it look and feel much more disturbing, deviating from Annabelle’s original form.
Full Story of Annabelle
You can read the full, unadulterated story of Annabelle at Spooks Central.