With an increasing number of reports and sightings of the elusive Bigfoot (and its variations), especially in the USA, researchers are conducting serious scientific studies into them. Evidence has been just as elusive as the hominids themselves. There are a number of theories as to what these hominids could be, the most common being that they belong under the Hominidae family, which includes many of the great apes and human ancestors.
- Bigfoot mating season is said to be March through April.
- Gigantopithecus is an extinct genus of ape that stood almost 10 feet tall, which many cryptozoologists believe to be what Bigfoot is.
- There have been reports of Bigfoot in Arizona since the early 1900s.
- In Arizona, it is illegal to kill the Mogollan Monster (the equivalent of Bigfoot).
- There have been over 100 Bigfoot sightings in Pennsylvania in the last 25 years.
- In Delhi, India, reports of Monkeyman were taken so seriously that local police issued wanted posters.
- The first set of Sasquatch footprints was discovered in 1811.